While most tend to put an emphasis on flattering their significant others with chocolates, flowers and love letters around the middle of the month, I wonder what it would be like if we celebrated every day of the month with just as much enthusiasm. Most of us would fess up and say that our relationships and self-care tend to take a backseat when trying to conceive. It’s hard to remember through all the appointments, shots, timed sex, and countless mood swings that the reason we are building our family is because of love.
This is why I would like to propose 29 days of love, adoration, and purposeful activities to build your relationships. It doesn’t matter if you are married, have a long or short term partner, or are going through this journey alone, we could all use reminders on how to stay connected to those around us.
Join me in participating in the 29 days of February Challenge
1. Buy a journal and make a goal to write each day during the month of February
2. Attend a Super Bowl party somewhere regardless if you like football-I just go for the food and commercials anyways!
3. Spend some time with your four-legged furry friend with a doggy date night!
4. Get a massage! Strapped for cash? Take turns giving each other massages-clothing optional
5. It’s National Chocolate Fondue Day! Check out this recipe from the Food Network: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-fondue-recipe20-2117953
6. Throw on some Bob Marley and dance around your living room singing “One Love” at the top of your lungs!
7. Send a card to a friend who has been there for you during your infertility journey
8. Create a relaxing atmosphere for an extra-long bath with candles and essential oils.
9. Write a love letter to yourself
10. Bundle up and take a 20 minute walk outside
11. Take 30 minutes to get caught up on that book you’ve been reading
12. Go through your closet and donate anything you’re not using
13. Celebrate Galentines Day and grab tickets for your crew to Conceive Nebraska’s Soul Care Retreat on the 29th: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/soulcare-retreat-tickets-89307602443
14. Surprise your significant other with tickets to Conceive Nebraska’s Couples Night Out: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/conceive-nebraska-couples-night-out-tickets-88347392429
15. Sleep In
16. Practice some Yoga at home, the gym, or your favorite studio
17. Do a random act of kindness
18. Pour yourself a glass of your favorite red or white-it’s national drink wine day!
19. Buy yourself some flowers
20. Whip up some muffins for National Muffin Day!
21. Call that friend you’ve been meaning to check on
22. National margarita day-need I say more?
23. Do something fun-go ax throwing, play putt-putt, go to a movie
24. Bake cookies for your co-workers
25. Throw on some beads and celebrate Mardi Gras!
26. Shake things up and meet your significant other for lunch
27. Whip up a batch of chili and invite a neighbor over
28.Write a love letter to your S/O
29. Take a leap of faith